Heal me...

"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, For You are my praise." Jeremiah 17:14

 So many times when we think of the word "healing", we think of physical healing, which certainly makes sense. I know that when my body is in pain, first thing I do is pray for healing; but there is another kind of healing that is just as important...

 The portion of scripture above was a prayer by the Prophet Jeremiah, sometimes referred to as the "weeping prophet." Why? Jeremiah loved his people the Hebrews, and it hurt him to see them suffer the consequences of their sin against God...it grieved him. As a prophet his job, if you will, was to convey to the Hebrews what God was saying to them. This was his prayer in intercession for them after hearing from YAH (God) what they had transgressed by trusting in man instead of God, by trusting in their flesh instead of the One who made the flesh. In this prayer Jeremiah is petitioning God to "Heal" us, heal us from our sin...Save us and we will surely be saved!

I firmly believe that all of us need healing, simply because as humans we carry baggage, some we were born into, some forced on us, some we may have innocently received and some unfortunately we created ourselves. Never the less, baggage is baggage and there is no discrepancy; in order to be rid of it and move on, it has to go through God's TSA process.

 I woke up this morning thinking of my own testimony. I have been in church just about all my life, received my salvation 40 years ago and to the best of my ability served the Lord with dedication and passion. But little did I know about the hidden baggage that I was carrying. I felt stagnated in life, feeling like there has to be something more. I tried all kind of "religious" things, thinking that would release me to my next step, but it wasn't until I totally submitted and literally fell at the feet of Yeshua Ha-Mashiach, Jesus the Messiah, and cried out to Him, that He began to reveal to me all my baggage. I remember crying so deeply that it felt as if it was coming from my most deepest being. Like Jeremiah I sobbed deeply when I saw my transgression of trusting man instead of the creator of man, I wailed deeply when I saw the consequences of my sin and I prayed "Heal me and I will be healed..."

God is so very faithful, layer by layer He not only showed me the baggage, but as I laid it down, He took it away. I will be honest, when you open up and allow the Lord to shine His Light on your life, it can be painful and embarrassing but it is so worth it and freeing. Hopefully we will all come to a point of desperation to have a full, free life that we are willing to submit to the process regardless of what it takes. We can trust God to keep and protect us in the process. He's a Good, Good Father.

 It's time y'all...time for us to get real, get submitted and allow the healing process to begin. Let's pray...

 Father God, thank You, thank You, for your unconditional Love, a love that receives us as we are, but doesn't want us to stay in our broken condition. You want to heal us, You want to do away with all our baggage that is causing us to not be whole. You want us whole in body, mind and spirit because then we can have "life and life more abundantly ". Help us to submit to You today, to fall at your feet and allow You to show us the error of our ways, even the deep hidden things. There is nothing too hard for You, and You desire to heal us. Help us trust You today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...