Complete us...

I started a project of cleaning and organizing my garage the day after returning from a short, but exhausting trip. I don't know why I felt I had to dive right into this project but I did. Guess I may have just been tired of the 3 boxes of stainless steel shelving I had sitting in the garage for over 6 months and felt the need to finally just assemble it and get it over with.

 Midway during my assembling, I became overwhelmed and felt like throwing up my hands and giving up. The project began to be too tedious, too burdensome. Just as I began to think about how far I had to go to get this thing completed, I suddenly remembered how far I HAD come in the process. After many months of just sitting, the materials were at least out of the boxes and partially put together, things I no longer needed had been set aside for the trash or GoodWill, and the things I wanted to keep were organized in bins waiting to go on the shelves once assembled. So even though I had much to still do, i realized that I also had accomplished much!

 Needless to say, I was encouraged and it gave me the boost that I need to finish and do a "well done" job. This made me think of how we are sometimes so distracted by what has to be done in our and our families lives, that we fail to see all the good that actually has already been done. We need to remind and encourage ourselves often that yes, though there is much to be desired...still God is ALWAYS working and does not give up... EVER.

As much as we may like to have instant answers for prayers, in reality most of the time it is a process. A process because God is working situations out for ALL that are involved, not just you. However just as He promised in the scripture below, He WILL complete us ! If we continue to go forward and not be overburdened by all we feel must be done, but rejoice in what has already been done, I believe that one day He will say to us "Well done, good and faithful servant..." Matthew 25:21

 So be encouraged today...

Father God, thank You today for Your strength to continue on this journey. Help us today to not get so bogged down with the tasks ahead that we forget how You have blessed us to get where we are now. Help us to go forward and run this race with endurance because we know that You are cheering us on. Complete us in YOU in Your time and at Your pace...Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...