Night Song

"Yet the Lord will command His lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night His song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life." Psalms 42:8

 No matter what time at night, from 8 PM to even 3 in the morning, there is a bird in my backyard that sings constantly! It would be annoying if the tunes weren't so beautiful! Upon research there are several species that actually serenade during the night: the Mockingbird, the Whippoorwill and the Thrush, just to name a few. I always knew that birds sing at the crack of dawn, but didn't realize there are birds that sing all through the night!

 One night as I waited on the back porch for my dogs to take a late night potty break outside, a bird in a nearby tree sung the loveliest of songs. It was pitch black outside but it sang its little heart out, so lovely that I sat and listened for a very long time in the dark, until my dogs protested and wanted to go inside for there bedtime treat. They had no concept of the peaceful, beautiful moment I was having, they spoiled it all! lol

 You probably already know where I am going with this. God gives us a song in the night too. When I think about coming through great trials, heartaches and loss, though it was devastating, He gave me a song. A particular time was after my husband had passed and as I leaned against the hospital brick wall after leaving the building, not knowing what to do... many songs came to me, but my favorite was the old hymn "Precious Lord". In times of anguish the song "Thou Art Worthy O Lord" presses past my lips to give Him praise and in times of not knowing what to do, the simple song "Yes, Jesus Loves me" brings encouragement and peace.

 Just as He promised in Matthew 6:26 that we should not worry, that if He takes care of the birds of the air, He will surely take care of us... He not only loves and cares for us in the day time, but He also gives us a song of comfort, peace and love during the night time too. Those times of seemingly darkness that find their way into our lives. Your night song may not be a hymn or worship song, it may just be a sigh or cry from your heart that you need Him. It is a "song" that He draws close to hear from your heart. He hastens to draw close to you...

 Father, I pray this morning for everyone reading this, that if they are having a "Night" experience that you will give them a song...Your song. Nighttime can be the hardest time, things look bigger, scarier, harder and unsolvable when it is dark. Father shine Your light on their hearts and Your promise that You will NEVER leave nor forsake us. Give them...give us Your comfort and Your peace. Just as the bird sings its night song in obedience to its nature from You, may we open our lips, even in difficult times, and sing our praises to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...