A Workout for sure!

Hey Y'all! Listen I want to take a few minutes of your time and just tell y'all something! The month of June!!!!!! Wow! was a DOOSY! what started off as an upstairs bathroom repair ended up having to be a full bathroom renovation and you know what comes with that...lots of workers coming in and out, my dogs barking, loud noises with the demo, THEN after a couple of weeks with that...a mysterious clog was in my drain...so that meant more workers coming in and out, dogs barking, lots of water on the kitchen floor, loud noises as they snaked the drain numerous times and after 2 visits they were finally able to unclog the drain...oh! did I mention that while all this was going on I had poison ivy all over the left side of my face, arm and hand...yeah. Is that why some of the workers were looking at me funny when I was trying to explain the problem to them or maybe it was that I was yelling over the barking dogs...must have been a scary sight...

Anyhoo...got through that, only to realize that one of my air flow vents was not working in the family room and long story short, after research and more $$$ to have the HVAC guy come out, the problem was that one of the workers that was fixing the drainage problem, knocked the air duct pipe in the crawl space under the house off it's output to the vent...I guess he forgot to put it back on and I'll just leave it at that. By now I was just too tired to pursue whose fault it was and chalked it up as a costly lesson...it's fixed now and the cold air from the AC is flowing as it was before. Needless to say I was stressed after all this, was totally out of my comfort zone.

I love my peaceful atmosphere, soft instrumental music playing, a nice cup of tea on my back porch, with my dogs lounging nearby, all while reading a good book...you get my drift? There were already some challenges going on and when all the things above entered in I was done to the done done! Talk about being stretched, I felt like an old rubber band about to pop.

BUT THEN...I began to think of all the people that were going through things much, much worse than I. Even in my own small circle, there was a friend who was spending her time with a sibling that was in hospice, someone else was mourning the loss of a spouse, someone else had lost their mother. All around me people were suffering, and though I have experienced some very hard things myself, what I was going through at the moment did not compare with what others were experiencing at that time...I repented and I began to give thanks... Did I feel like it, no, but in my heart I knew that God deserves the praise, not for what He can do, but for WHO He is!.

Whenever I can pry my eyes away from "me' and take a look at what God is seeing, it changes my perspective of what's really important...and that new perspective brings me to my knees to pray for others and want things to get better for them. It really is a different view down on your knees... I had a "workout" but through it all, I'm learning...I'm learning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...