Comfort the way I have been comforted...

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Happy Friday everyone! Though I do realize that it may not be a Happy Friday for everyone. While some are rejoicing that its the end of a work week and have great plans for the weekend, there are others that are having a not so good day...it may be their health, a family or financial issue or in the case of some precious people that I know, they are in mourning while preparing to celebrate the life of a passing loved one.

 If you find yourself in one of those situations, I just want you to know that in the midst of all the chaos, heart break and even grief, God sees you. I remember the days following my husband's passing, how I felt so alone in my grief. There were others all around me but to me it seemed as if the world was going on its normal, merry little way as if nothing had happened. "Don't they see what I'm going through right now?" was my silent scream. In the cocoon of my grief, the world seemed to ignore my suffering and go on, business as usual.

 It was not until I finally was able to get to myself in a quiet place and pick up my Bible. I honestly did not know what to read, I felt so lost...but out of my childhood memories came Psalms 23 " The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want..." and as I turned to it and read all the verses, comfort began to pour into my soul and I no longer felt alone.

 Can I encourage you today? You are NOT alone in your suffering. God. sees. you. In the millions of people on this planet, He can spot you among them all, holding you in His tender, Holy gaze. I pray that you feel that today, His Eyes of love surrounding and enveloping you.

 I can honestly say that there is so much comfort in reading the Bible. Even if you don't have one, you can easily go online and there are so many translations to choose from. God's Word is True and will bless your heart. If you need comfort, start with the Psalms, and I pray that you will be comforted the way that I was and am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...