He knows what you need

Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Matthew 6:26

There is a cardinal (red bird) that visits my backyard every winter. Today I saw him in the same spot where he usually comes (I know that it is a “he” because of its bright red color.)

Now grant it I have been noticing this bird for many years, so I seriously doubt if it is the same bird. But I found it so interesting that as I looked through the sliding glass doors to the backyard I saw it near the pine tree, just like I do every winter. And each year I try to figure out what it is looking for and eating, but the trees are bare this time of the year. Yet it appears to be very satisfied in finding something to eat. Whatever is in that spot attracts a cardinal every winter. I thought to myself that maybe…just maybe God sent it to remind me of His faithfulness…that’s when the scripture above came to mind.

Have you ever heard the phrase “bird brain”, not a nice thing to call someone, but really just think how small a bird’s brain must be. And if a bird can trust it’s creator to provide it’s needs, what does that say about us?

It's really a "no brainer"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...