In Honor of my late husband

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessolonians 4:13-18


January 29th marks the sixth anniversary of my husband's passing from death into eternal life. Though it has only been six years, at times it feels like it's been longer and sometimes it feels like it happened yesterday. I still miss him more that I can even put into words.

My husband and I knew each other since junior high school. I think what attracted me to him was his determination, even at a very young age. He had lost both parents at an early age and pretty much made up his mind that he was going tp have a successful life, regardless of the tragedies that came to his young life.

We were married for over 31 years when he passed away and thought that we would grow old together, but this was not to be. God in His infinite wisdom and soveriegnty had a different plan. And He is tenderly helping me to walk in His plan. It has not been easy, but God is faithful and loves me so very much.

I honor my husband today. If he was here with me now he would be the first to say "I am not perfect", so I do not make him to be a perfect human being (as some tend to do when a person passes on). But I do say this, he was a wonderful husband to me. He took care of me, was concerned for me and provided for his family as a man of God should. One of the things that I miss the most is having him around to share my concerns with, talking to him always made me feel so much better.

I know that he would want me to go on and live this life that God has given me. So I honor my husband by loving, trusting and obeying the God that he trusted in to the very last second that he was on this earth.
Thank you husband dear for your love and example of a true man of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...