Trust Me?

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust me?" Those were the words of my 6 year old grandaughter as we walked through her neighborhood. It was a beautiful day and I needed the exercise. So we started off for a walk in her new neighborhood in beautiful California. After about 15 minutes and her suggestions of "Let's go this way", I began to feel that maybe we were lost. I was only a visitor to the area and the neighborhood was relatively new to her. I asked her "Are you sure that you know where we are going?" And she said "Meemaw, trust me". We walked a few blocks more and I asked her again "Are you sure that you know where we are going?" And she replied in her sweet 6 year old voice with a lopsided smile "Meemaw, don't you trust me?". This time I said to her "I am your grandmother and I am suppose to trust a little 6 year old?" And she replied with all the manners her parents have taught her
"Yes...a 6 year old that knows how to get home." (accompanied by her little lopsided smile again.) My grandchildren never cease to amaze me. How God can pack so much confidence into someone that has only been outside the womb for 6 years is astonishing!

Now I look outside today and God has blessed us with an unusual spring like day in January here on the Northeastern Coast. I am amazed of how He gives us these wonderful suprises and I am grateful. My grandaughter's words are brought back to me and in my heart I can hear Him saying "Trust me?" If He can bring about a beautiful warm day in the middle of winter, which is totally out of season for this area, then can I trust Him to take care of me in the midst of a most unlikely situation?
Of course I can. He never promised that we would understand everything, but He did promise that He would give us direction... that He would show us the way...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...