Giving thanks...

" In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thessalonians 5:18

 Want to hear something funny this Tuesday morning? Well it wasn't funny to me while it was happening but...anyway I have been up all night with a sick dog. My 10 pounder had diarrhea...at both ends...don't know how or why but yep...he had it... bad. Needless to say I never got to bed because I had to be on call for his out door runs (no pun intended) and for clean up for the ones he missed. ugh.

 I went on the internet to find out the causes and home remedies and actually it is safe to give dogs Pepto Bismol (as long as you give doses in conjunction with their weight) and also Pedialyte for dehydration. By then it was only about 4:30 AM and the closest store did not open until 6:00AM! So I had to take him and the little one to sit on the back porch with the backdoor partially opened to give him access to outdoors in case of his sudden attacks until the store opened.

 Ok...since I had to be out at 6AM I decided that with all I had been through I was going to at least get a treat out of it, so I swung by a fast food drive thru for a large decaf coffee. I had it all planned, get back home medicate the dog, we all go back upstairs to bed and I sip my luscious, fragrant hot coffee...

 Well after I get upstairs in my bedroom with the dogs, I go to put my coffee on the nightstand and you all know what happened right? I tend to try to carry too many things at once and the very thing that I wanted the most toppled over and spilled every ounce down... down...down on my carpet...it went bye bye in seconds. My treat, that luscious coffee was GONE! I wanted to cry, even started making the ugly face, but figured it would be a waste of energy, which I didn't have anyway from being up all night. So I just went to work cleaning it up. Several minutes later I turned around and saw (see picture) the sick one resting peacefully , apparently feeling better already... and me...even more tired and coffee less.

 Now decision time: do I get frustrated and complain to myself about being up all night and then not getting MY treat? I mean "Come on God! all I wanted was a nice hot cup of coffee that I didn't have to make for myself!" OR do I be thankful that I had the strength to do it all without any sleep AND my pup is already feeling better and hopefully no more poop and throw up clean ups! Easy answer right? I give thanks!

 Some of you have much more serious things to contend with than this, but the answer is really just the same. Even when you don't feel like it...yep...give thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Looking or Seeking?

Reaction 101

Letter to my Mom...